Documentary, 55’34”, 2016
A flow of enthusiast women in professions overflown by man. Eight women working in the broad spectrum of scientific professions from artificial intelligence to programming and aviation, talk about the conditions in which they became interested in technical professions, the obstacles they confronted, and how they dealt with them.
In most technical occupations, women are still very poorly represented. However, those who have entered these fields of work despite the odds, usually show a very positive attitude towards their work, a pleasure in self-fulfilment through work, and professionalism in the occupation. The film reveals covert discrimination against women, which still prevents them from equally access to certain social spheres. The film also presented social circumstances that influence the decisions of individuals in the choice of their professions and how decisions are determined by gender.
Ana Čigon, direction, script, editing, camera, sound
Saša Spačal, direction, script, animation, original music
Ida Hiršenfelder, direction, script, editing, original music
Official website of the film: Flow / Tok, documentary
Alja Berčič Ivanuš, female airline captain, Adria Airways (co-pilot at the time of filming)
Alja Isaković, co-founder of CodeCatz
KaktusKaktus, sound engineer, Radio Študent
Dr. Dunja Mladenić, head of the Artificial Intelligence Laboratory at Jozef Stefan Institute
Maja Smrekar, intermedia artist
Dr. Dragica Turnšek, micropalaeontologist
Dr. Mateja Verlič, project manager during the day, programmer at night
Larisa Vrhunc, Academic composition specialist, Faculty of Arts
Sound editing: Vasja Progar
Music: Larisa Vrhunc: Gratis, Celo, Ubi est?, Spirale, Open Rite, RTV Slovenija, Založba kaset in plošč, Ljubljana, 2000
Production: Rampa laboratorij – Zavod Kersnikova
Co-production: RTV Slovenija, ČIPke Initiative
Complete credits: Flow / Tok, credits
• 2020, December, Beijing, China
• 2020, 23 September, Slovenian national TV (RTV SLO 2) at 11.40 p.m.
• 2018, 8 May – 10 June, Group exhibition: Let’s Roll Our Sleeves Up, Likovni salon Gallery, Celje
• 2017, 29 October, ‘Official Selection’, Vox Feminae Film Festival, Zagreb, Croatia
• 2017, 14 September, 20th Slovene Film Festival, Main hall, Avditorij Portorož
• 2017, 30 March, Kulturni bazar, Cankarjev dom
• 2017, 16 March, Hokus Pokus festival, Pionirski dom, Ljubljana
• 2017, 8 March, 5th festival Deuje Babe, Film Theatre Idrija
• 2017, 8 March, Interdisciplinary Laboratory GT 22, Intimni kino, Maribor
• 2017, 7 March, TV- premier: Slovenian national TV (RTV SLO 1) at 8.50 p.m.
• 2016, 12 October, Pre-premier: Mali oder, Ljubljana Puppet Theatre, City of Women Festival
Stills from the film
Photos from a public screening at Deuje Babe festival, Idrija, Slovenia, 8 March 2017.